Eagle's Nest

Mecklenburg Audubon took its annual trip to the Lake Tillery area looking
for eagles. We were able to see two adult eagles. One was on a nest. The
nest is easliy visible from Rt 731 at the Lake Tillery Dam. It is on the
West side of the dam in a dead pine among a stand of live pines. If you
park on the east side of the river and walk back across the bridge and up
the road about 100 yds. you can easily see the nest by looking north back
towards the dam. There is also a roost of about 60-70 Great Blue Herons
along the river. We also had excellent looks at male and female harriers
and nice male Merlin.

Judy Walker
CIMC/Atkins Library
UNC Charlotte