HBSP on Sunday, Jan.6.

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Gary Phillips and I birded the following areas of Huntington Beach S.P. on
Sunday, Jan. 6: Mullet Pond and causeway area, Sandpiper Pond trail to the
overlook, (few waterfowl in Sandpiper Pond) and the jetty area. Here goes-
Common Loon-18
Pied-billed Grebe-7
N. Gannet-40
Brown Pelican-200
Great Cormorant-2
Double-crested Cormorant-23
Great Blue Heron-2
Great Egret-1
Tricolored Heron-2
White Ibis-2
Canvasback-1
Lesser Scaup-25
Black Scoter-1 flyby at the jetty
Scoter sp-12 flybys not white winged-too distant to Id
Bufflehead-4
Hooded Merganser-1
Red-breasted Merganser-5
Ruddy Duck-25
Osprey-1
Bald Eagle-1 adult hanging out in the pines overlooking Mullet Pond
N. Harrier-1
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1
Cooper's Hawk-1
Am. Coot-20
Black-bellied Plover-6
Semipalmated Plover-1
Piping Plover-10 in the tidal pond west of the jetty pond
Killdeer-1
Am. Oystercatcher-2
Greater Yellowlegs-10
Willet-2
Ruddy Turnstone-1
Red Knot-5
Sanderling-8
Western Sandpiper-3
Dunlin-80
Short-billed Dowitcher-50
Laughing Gull-11
Bonaparte's Gull-20
Ring-billed Gull-100
Herring Gull-28
Great Black-backed Gull-3
Forster's Tern-3
Mourning Dove-4
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1
N. Flicker-2
Blue Jay-30
Crow sp. 3
Carolina Wren-5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-5
Hermit Thrush-1
Gray Catbird-3
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-1
Loggerhead Shrike-1
Yellow-rumped Warbler-ABUNDANT
N. Cardinal-5
E. Towhee-2
Savannah Sparrow-<20
Maritime Sparrow sp 1-Here Gary and I have an honest disagreement. I say
Seaside, he says Sharp-tailed. I believe we were both looking at the same
bird but perhaps we were looking at two different birds.
Swamp Sparrow-1 immature which had us hoping for a Lincoln's
White-throated Sparrow-9
Red-winged Blackbird-1 female
E. Meadowlark-10
Boat-tailed Grackle-4
Common Grackle-8

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net