;)

Hello y'all,
    This afternoon, while guarding the feeders from a flock of ~100 C.
Grackles, I was fortunate to observe a most rare and elusive bird; the
Yellow-rumped Warbler-Sparrow.  I realize the difficulty in making this ID,
since all aspects of the bird's appearance and vocalization point to MYWA.
However, its foraging behavior, food choice (sunflower meats) and preference
for associating with its ground-feeding sparrow brethren rather than with
the identically-plumaged but arboreally-inclined insectivores observed in a
nearby maple sealed the ID.
   If the current trend in dietary preferences among members of the Class
Aves continues, I should soon be able to report an observation of the
not-ever-seen-before Rufous Hummingbird-Sparrow.

Cheers,
;)
GP
Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
axis1@sccoast.net
"A dog might as well speculate on the mind of Newton." (Darwin)