Query: Birding on Florida Gulf Coast, etc

During a trip from February 28 to March 12, we will visit Panama City and
Pensacola in Florida, Mobile, New Orleans, Birmingham, and north Georgia.

We would appreciate advice from anyone re easily accessible birding sites on
the Florida Gulf Coast or near I-85, US 43l, I-10, I-59, or I-20.

I will be talking to Civil War Roundtables in Panama City, Pensacola, and
Birmingham about my book on the international dimensions of the Civil War,
"One War at a Time."  Any Civil War buffs among the Carolina birders?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dean B. Mahin           DUMahin@aol.com
l731 Wensley Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina  28210   USA
Phone and fax:              704-556-7369