Re:Snowy Owl

Hi all,
I was down on St. George Island, Florida before Christmas and
desperately tried to find the Snowy Owl reported there (that Harry
mentioned).  Although it was most often seen sitting on a sand dune, I
was shown several pictures by a park ranger of the bird sitting in a pine
tree.  This was obviously not in a tall pine forest, but the owl was
sometimes seen using the sparse pines in the dunes as a perch.
Over three days of camping on this beautiful island, I and many other
birders were unsuccessful at locating the snowy.  A couple of days later
I was at St. Mark's NWR and heard reports that it had been seen again!

Will Rowland
Cary, NC