Raptors

A Sunday morning walk at West Point on the Eno yielded my first Osprey of the
year when we flushed a bird from near the main weir. Then Sunday afternoon,
while playing in the yard with my children we saw three Red-shouldered Hawks
calling and squabbling. One bird sat up so obviously that my 4 year old daughter
had no problem spotting it. This is the second year in a row that we have seen
displaying Red-shouldered Hawks in our central Durham neighbourhood
(Hillandale/Watts Hospital).

Jim Bloor, Ph.D
Department of Cell Biology,
Duke University Medical Center,