Fox Sparrow

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Though I have lived in my present home eight years now, this is the first
year I put up a feeder because my neighbor had one going, but he moved away
so I got going this winter.  I actually have three feeders a cup feeder, a
suet feeder and a tube feeder. I actually had Purple Finch two males on two
different days, in among the house finch.  The max on Goldfinch was 18 at
any one time. The Downy is fairly regular at the suet feeder as are
Brown-headed Nuthatch.  The Goldfinch prefer to pull all the sunflower seed
out of the tube feeder and feed on the ground.  The chipping sparrows
prefer the double ceramic cup feeder but the junco's mainly prefer feeding
on the ground.  But the best sight was the Fox Sparrows which finely showed
up to feed in the shade of the shrubbery.  Fourth straight year for the
Foxxies.

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net