Myrtle Beach S.P & Garden City Beach

Hi Carolinabirders,
	It was certainly a pleasant day to go birding so Gary Phillips and I went
to Myrtle Beach S.P. and then on to the south end of Garden City Beach.
The day was sunny, in the low 50's to low 60's with gentle variable winds.
Myrtle Beach S.P. had 49 species as follows:
Red-throated Loon-2
Horned Grebe-1
N. Gannet-8
Brown Pelican-19
Double-crested Cormorant-4
Mallard-2
Black Scoter-6
Turkey Vulture-14
Osprey-1
accipiter sp-1
Ruddy Turnstone-1
Sanderling-4
Laughing Gull-3
Bonaparte's Gull-7
Ring-billed Gull-200
Herring Gull-3
Forster's Tern-1
Rock Dove-3
Mourning Dove-6
Red-bellied Woodpecker-4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-1 adult male
Downy Woodpecker-2
N. Flicker-4
Pileated Woodpecker-2
E. Phoebe-2
Blue Jay-7
Am. Crow-1
Fish Crow-1
Carolina Chickadee-6
Tufted Titmouse-20
Brown-headed Nuthatch-1 heard only
Carolina Wren-3
Ruby-crowned kinglet-8
Hermit Thrush-1
Am. Robin-5 flyovers
N. Mockingbird-3
Cedar Waxwing-10 flyovers
Yellow-rumped Warbler-numerous
Yellow-throated Warbler-7 all heard only birds.
Pine Warbler-6 all heard only birds
N. Cardinal-10
E. Towhee-3
Savannah Sparrow-1
Song Sparrow-1 singing
White-throated Sparrow-15
Common Grackle-3
Am Goldfinch-7

Butterflys seen Mourning Cloak-1 or 2

At Garden City we saw Bufflehead, Scaup at least 2 Lesser in the ocean out
of about 10, 200 Red-breasted Merganser, lots of Bonnies and Horned Grebe,
2 Common Loon.

Butterflys seen at Garden City were Clouded Sulphur-3 and a well
photographed Hairstreak which was most probably a Gray.

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net