Purple Finch and Pine Sisken

Finally at our house at Lake Hartwell, Anderson Co,SC , we had a single mail
Purple finch on Wed PM and Thurs AM. We had 3 Pine Sisken at the feeders
this AM.
     We also had a male Pileated Woodpecker sitting on the window sill of a
large window over sliding glass doors attacking his reflection!!!  Its that
time of year, just hope he doesnt break the glass.  Bob
Maxwell --Greenville,SC    bobmax@home.com
     P.S. Dr Sid Gauthreaux, Carroll Belser, Barb and I spent last evening
at Burrell's Ford on both the SC and Ga sides trying again to locate the Saw
Whet Owls. We were  totally skunked.