Marion SC birding

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Before I get into Marion County, I do want to thank three people for their
hospitality this past week.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, Gary Phillips, Paul
Rogers and I went to upstate SC to see the Calliope Hummingbird and do some
SC upstate county birding. Bob and Barbara Maxwell showed us around
Greenville, Anderson and Oconee Counties and Mrs Webb was indeed a very
gracious hostess to us in Greer. She greeted us at the door with a "he's
here" and what good looks we had of this hummer.
	Saturday morning the eleventh I led a field trip to Marion County on
Pet-Larrimore Road for Waccamaw Audubon.  Unfortunately the bulk of the
sparrows including three species seen in February had already departed.
But we made up for that with some first returnees for the breeding season.
Here goes-
Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Wild Turkey-seen in a field on the way there
N. Bobwhite-flushed a covey of about 20
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
N. Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-they were everywhere
E. Bluebird
N. Mockingbird
N. Parula-Tonya Spires heard this one in the distance
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler-a fair number
Pine Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler-one heard from a wetland
Common Yellowthroat
N. Cardinal
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Common Grackle

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net