Whip-poor-wills

No, I haven't seen or heard any yet this year.  It's still a little early here.
I just wanted to know if anyone has seen any articles or heard anything about
 declining numbers of Whip-poor-wills.  They are becoming as scarce as hen's
teeth in the Asheville/Hendersonville area.  I still know about three places
that I can go to find them (at least they were there last year), but they used
to be found in many more places.  I have also heard that numbers are declining
 greatly in Michigan.  Have there been any studies recently on the
Whip-poor-will that anyone knows about?
Marilyn Westphal/Hendersonville  email:  mjwestphal@unca.edu