Mottled Ducks in SC?

Hi, all!  We've been reading with interest all those SC coastal reports!  We
will be visiting there this coming weekend with a small group of birders
from the Foothills Bird Club.  We've notice several of these reports include
Mottled Duck---at least from Bear Island.  I was also reading about them
being introduced in the 1970's to the Santee Coastal Reserve (from Robin
Carter's "Birds of SC").  So, our question is this----if we see Mottled
Ducks, are they countable for our lifelists?  I know that everyone has
different "rules" for themselves, but wonder how others have dealt with this
issue of introduced birds.  (I would assume that all of us have House
Sparrow and European Starling on our lists . . . . . )

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net