Solitary SP, swallows

Spotted my first migrant shorebird today, a Solitary Sandpiper at Greenview
Pond.  Interestingly, this is the date of my first Solitary spotting last year.
That bird was also at Greenview.  The Solitary made a nice quartet in the scope
with a Greater Yellowlegs, Common Snipe, and Killdeer.

The NCSU dairy unit pond was flush with swallows, dozens of Tree Swallows and a
lesser number of Northen Rough-winged and a Purple Martin or two.  These were
the first Tree Swallows of the year for me at the local ponds.

A few days back a pair of swans was at the north end of Lake Wheeler.  I figured
they were Tundra's, but was surprised to find Mutes instead.  Anybody out there
lost a pair of swans?

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please