Ruff, not Reeve at Bodie Island (?)

Bob Burrell, Pat Moore, Ruth Barber, and I went to look for the Reeve again
today April 2 at Bodie Island Lighthouse Pond and it was still there, at
least until when we left around 1:30 pm.  The more we looked at it, and
consulted identification guides, the more we believe it was a Ruff.  But none
of us are experienced with this bird so we cannot confirm which sex this bird
is.  But it there in all of its splendor.

Lots of Dunlin, both Yellowlegs, and Pectoral Sandpipers there as well.

Keith Watson
Kill Devil Hills, NC
shaawitya@aol.com