Whip-poor-will

Folks:
        At about 6:30 AM this date, I had my bedroom window open with the
hopes of hearing a Great-horned Owl.  As I was drifting in and out of
dreamland, I was startled to hear what I thought was a Whip-poor-will.  I
jumped out of bed and stood by the window, but didn't hear it again. Did I
dream this, was I hearing things?  I stumbled around, found my tape, and
after playing it twice on the rear deck, I was rewarded with a response.
This is only the second time in 12years I have heard a Whip-poor-will in my
neighborhood!  Pay attention out there, they must be moving through.  It is
becoming harder and harder to get this species in the mountains.
Wayne K. Forsythe
245 Stonebrook Drive
Hendersonville, N.C. 28791
wforsythe@a-o.com