Riverbend Park-Catawba Co.

We went to Riverbend Park, in northern Catawba County, this afternoon and
had pretty good luck considering the time of day.  We had six species of
warblers:  Pine, Yellow-rumped, Black-and-white, Northern Parula, Hooded,
and Common Yellowthroat.  There were more Blue-gray Gnatcatchers than you
could shake a stick at!!  Also present were many Double-crested Cormorants
in the trees and a Wild Turkey feeding along the pond.
    We will be having a bird walk at Riverbend Park tomorrow morning at
8:00am.  The park is located on NC Hwy.16 just before the Catawba River.
All are welcome to come!!

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC