Lark Sparrow in Asheville

Today I arrived at 26 Sevier St. at 2:55, and the Lark Sparrow flew into the
yard at 3:30. It was overcast, and I got a good look through my 10x42s from
less than 15 feet away. The median stripe actually did not appear white, as
it did yesterday in the sun, but rather a very light tan. (Yesterday it was
sunny, and Marilyn Westphal and I had noted that the supercilium appeared to
be buffy rather than white in front of the eyes. Today the median stripe
looked the same color as the front of the supercilium, buffy or light tan.)

I noticed today that there is no street sign at the junction of Barnard and
W.T. Weaver Blvd., but if you're coming from Merrimon Ave., Barnard is the
first street on the right (the next is the main entrance to UNCA.)

Charlotte Goedsche
Asheville NC
goedschejanes@mindspring.com