catbird and wrens

Howdy,

Yesterday I saw a Gray Catbird eating suet crumbs in the backyard, one of my
favorites to watch during the summer. Happy to see their return! Hope a pair
will nest again.

The Carolina Wrens are busy taking turns feeding their kids. There were 3
eggs, but I'm not sure how many kids are in the basket. Have to be careful
going in and out our front door so we don't disturb them. They are fun to
watch as they approach or leave, perching on a bush, flag pole, hummingbird
feeder, gutter on ceiling, or chair, before flying to the basket with food.

The Yellow-rumps look pretty in their breeding colors. So do the
White-throated Sparrows, who are in full song now. Had my first Chimney Swift
sighting in the neighborhood Monday.

Well, I saw a Yellow-throated Warbler in my dream last night! Maybe I'll see
one this weekend!

Happy birding!!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC