Chickadees and Yelow-throatl

Howdy!

I hadn't noticed much activity with the chickadees in our yard, but decided
to check out the box to see if there were eggs. Surprise!!! 4 eggs and 2 tiny
kids that must be only a day old!!! YEAH!!! So now we have Carolina Wren and
Chickadee families!

Yesterday around 7 pm, Joe and I went to Umstead SP after the rain. After
striking out twice over the weekend, we finally saw a Yellow-throated
Warbler! There were also active gnatcatchers, a singing Wood Thrush and
Ovenbird, and a male Summer Tanager. 5 spring migrants, not bad for a 30
minute evening walk!!

Happy birding!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC