Re: speaking of turkeys

I think I have read that all of the stock used to re-introduce the turkey
are of the Eastern subspecies, though they did use a goodly amount of
birds from other states who had a surplus. We see them with some
regularity here in the Mountains, and as a child, I was not even aware
that there was such a thing as a "Wild Turkey".
And I do not have a conflict with hunters, having grown up in a family of
hunters. Mostly now, though, I hunt clay pigeons. I don't have to clean
them, or worry if my wife will allow it in the house to be cooked
(serious anti-hunter).
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist
http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com
Featuring forums, lists, and classes in the field.