Whippoorwills

Made my first nighttime stop of year at Old Hope Valley Farm Road.  Just
before 8 o'clock heard the Whips start, was wonderful to hear them back.
This is IMHO one of the best and most accessible places to hear
nightjars close to CH and SW Durham, for those who want to go find them.
I actually was able to spotlight one in a tree with my flashlight, and
Nidhi and I found three more in the road on the way out.  I, like Rob
Gluck, also enjoyed the spectacle of the Chimney Swifts over downtown
Chapel Hill this evening - what a wonderful sight!

Happy Birding!

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash