birding at the Blue Wall

Hi CarolinaBirders,

Yesterday Caroline Eastman and I birded the first mile or so of the Blue
Wall Passage of the Palmetto Trail, which goes through the Nature
Conservancy's Blue Wall Preserve in Greenville County, SC near Landrum, SC
and Tryon, NC (for details see
www.sctrails.net/Trails/paltrail/bluwall.html).  This is a wonderful
foothills location at about 1500 feet elevation at the foot of the Blue
Ridge.  Our best bird was an extremely early Canada Warbler; other goodies
included a Common Raven and a Swainson's Warbler.

Here is our species list (Blue Wall Preserve only):

Turkey Vulture
Canada Goose
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk