Heron Chick(s) at Greenview Pond!!!

Dear Birders,

I'm pleased to announce the first great blue heron chick has appeared at
Greenview Pond.
We have two heron nests, the chick is in the original, western most nest.
I assume there are more chicks on the way.  Last year we had three in that
nest.

Here are some other birds I saw this morning.

Great Blue Heron - 4
Great Egret - 6
Little Blue Heron - 2 (the third is hiding...)
American Widgeon - 3
Blue Winged Teal - 2
Greater yellow legs - lots
Least Sandpipers - lots
Woodduck (heard)

White Crowned Sparrows
Meadow Lark
Blue Birds

Shorebirds have been numerous lately because the water level in the beaver
pond has dropped 6" or so.  We lost a few beaver to some stray dogs...

Greenview Pond is located in southern Wake County near Lake Wheeler.

John Argentati
Raleigh, NC
mailto:tbs@intrex.net