Kites back in Laurinburg

Hello All-

I heard from Barbara Gearhart to day that not only are the Mississippi
Kites back in the old part of Laurinburg (Scotland Co. NC) but that they
are using the same tree and nest that they have used for the last three
years!  As of this weekend they appear to be incubating.  Anyone who is
interested in the exact location can email me.  But if you have further
detailed  questions, you may want to call Barbara directly (910-277-0272).

Also Barbara mentioned that the young Bald Eagle at Blewett Falls (Anson
Co. NC) has fledged.  As of Friday it was still being fed at the nest by
the parents.  It is, however, VERY large now.

Susan M. Campbell
Whispering Pines, NC

ncaves@utinet.net