Wounded Osprey needs a home

This message was sent to me today and I thought maybe someone out there would
have an idea.  The bird is in the Asheville, NC area.

By the way, do you happen to know anyone or any organization that might want
an osprey as an educational bird? One of the rehabbers at the vet has had
one for a couple of weeks that she's trying to find a home for- it has a
wing that's busted beyond repair- she was hoping to find someone to take it-
otherwise, she has to put it down. The nature center won't take it cause
it's not native to the area. She's tried other people she knows, and I asked
Susie, but they don't have room for it. Since you seem to have "bird
connections" I thought I'd ask. If you could get back to me ASAP, that would
be great, cause it doesn't have much longer before she gives up. You can
even call me at work today if you want- the number is 253-3393 and I'll
be there from 7am till 6pm. Thanks!

The person delivering this message is Elizabeth Cook and the area code is 828.
Her email address is bethac@mindspring.com.  Thanks.
Marilyn Westphal, Hendersonville, NC  email:  mjwestphal@unca.edu