Song Sparrow - Cowbird parasitism question

    Outside my house we have two parent Song Sparrows feeding a child. The
young bird is about the same size if not larger. It was definately not full
grown, as its tail was quite short, and its feathers were a dull mottled
brown. When it jumped/flew, the wings looked a bit broader too. My question
is if Song Sparrows are commonly parasitized by Brown Headed Cowbirds, and,
if this sounds as if it could be one. The bill looked sparrow like, but the
edge of the bill was white, and went partially on to the cheek. there may be
a technical term for that, but i dont know. Thanks for the help. And if you
do think that it could be a cowbird chick, what would be the best actions to
do, if any.

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte NC