Spoonbill Update

At 7:00 A.M., Friday, 2 June I saw the Roseate Spoonbill flying south
over North Pond at the Pea Island Refuge. I was walking the south dike
when it appeared. It joined a large flock of mixed species waders in the
shallow water at the rear of New Field, approximately 250 yards
distance.

Those wishing to see the spoonbill will likely enhance their chances of
locating the bird by being in the area early. Recall Wade Fuller's
report of 29 May noting 6:45 A.M. as his sighting time. Though Jeff
Lewis did not personally post his recent sighting of the spoonbill, it
was also seen early in the day.

Wayne Irvin
ephstop@mindspring.com
145 Riding Lane