scissor-tailed update

This morning when I checked, it seems to me that the nest is larger than
it was yesterday.  From the type of activity it appears that it is still
under construction.  Some of the nest material (which can be seen with a
good scope) is wool from our sheep.  That is a favorite of many birds
that nest on our farm.  The nest is hard to see, because it is in a
corner, well tucked in.

As both Taylor Piephoff and I have noticed, the birds seem agitated when
one gets too close. I  encourage visitors to stay well away from the
tower where they are nesting.  They fly over such a large area that it
will not hamper good viewing to be respectful of their territory.  A
field just past the cemetary (in the grove of trees) is a good place to
park.  Blayne plans to mow it tonight to encourage visitors to use it.

Anne Olsen

--
Anne L. Olsen
aolsen@wingate.edu