Scissor-tails---beautiful!!!!

Dwayne and I are just back from seeing the pair of Scissor-tailed
Flycatchers just south of Monroe, NC.  What beautiful birds!!!!!!  They were
quite easy to see--and we only had to wait a few minutes before the male
appeared and put on quite a show as he hawked for insects and flew almost
directly overhead!  The female visited the nest once while we were there and
then joined the male on the wire fence making for a nice comparison between
them.  If you have time this weekend, we would suggest you go look at these
two unique creatures.

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC