Vacation Sighting Hilton Head

Just wanted to share one sighting that I had while I was at Hilton Head last
week.  My daughter and I went to Newhall (?spelling unsure of now) Audubon
Trails.  At the end of the main trail is a pond with turtles galore.  But
besides the turtles was an anhinga swimming in the pond and feeding.
Spectacular view, of swimming, coming up with a fish in mouth, swallowing,
and going under again completely immersed under water.  It was an awesome
sight.  I was so glad my daughter was with me to see it also.  A lifer for
me and to be able to watch the whole process was fantastic!  Stayed long
enough to watch it climb out of the water shake water off and sun itself
until dry enough to fly to the trees above pond and sun some more.
Hopefully, I have some great pictures of it.  Can't wait to get them
developed.  Also a lot of other great birding activity (and insects).
Blue-gray gnatcatcher was heard and the shadow seen on the ground from high
in a tree but never seen.
Also here at home this week I need help here.  I think I have two Acadian
Flycatchers visiting my back yard.  Is this possible for here?

Thanks and Good Birding,
Cathy Green
N. Augusta,  SC
cagreen@mindspring.com
"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue."