More Onslow County Birds

My first attempt at sending something to Carolinabirds. Following up on
Nell Moore's trip to Onslow county I took three new birders around
Onslow from 7:00 to 12:00 on the 4th of July. In edition to the birds
listed that Nell & I saw at the North Topsail Bridge spoil area we had a
pair of Gulled-billed Terns, 1st time I ever had them there. Total
species was 64, and sure we missed several. My ear is not as sharp as
Nell's. Not bad for a hot breezy morning.

Last Saturday chased after Mississippi Kite, per Eric Deans directions,
posted last week. Had one adult on the Richardson Bridge Road. And then
went to Herman Park he mentioned, in the city limits of Goldsboro, saw
two more adult birds, and a much better look. Thanks Eric.

Jim O'Donnell  (odjljl@ncnet.net)
Onslow County N.C.