More Bobwhite

Add Fairfield county to the list of places reporting Bobwhite in July.  I
heard a few tentative "bob-white"s this morning in the yard.  I couldn't
decide if it was a youngster practicing (one can always hope) or simply a
distant adult.  Over the years we have lived in Fairfield county, the
numbers of Bobwhite in the small covey that roams across our property and
that we spot at least once each winter have decreased slowly.  We started
with nine; now we are down to five.  So I always really enjoy hearing them
when I get a chance to hear them and this morning was no exception.

Donna S. Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina

	Coulmbia Audubon Society