house finch

Help, please.  I have a baby finch whose nest was inadvertently destroyed
after it's sibs had fledged.  I got him a day after the fact. He won't eat
so I've been force feeding him.  My questions are: is there a
facility/persons who can/will take in this type of orphan (and will be
better qualified than me to try to save it!)?  If not, how much food should
I be trying to get down him each day and at what intervals should I feed
him?  What foods are best?  How long will it take him to die or start eating
on his own?  How long should I keep him once he seems able to be on his own?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Wendy Painter in Chapel Hill