Little Creek Imp. of Hwy 54

I was at the impoundment off 54 yesterday at about 7:00 PM and saw four Y-C
Night Herons (two adults and two imm.).  Also saw two of the imm. White
Ibises.
   After I had been there for a while the Y-C Night Herons began calling to
each other and within a few minutes they all rose up and began circling the
imp.  There were seven--two adults and five immatures.  They circled about
three times calling to each other then four flew off over Hwy. 54 and three
settled back into the imp.
    At that point I left as I felt I was a disturbance to them and also the
no-see-ums were getting more aggressive.

Judy Murray
Chapel Hill, NC