HBSP on July 21

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday I met Wayne Forsythe at Huntington Beach S.P at 8AM.  We birded
the causeway, marsh boardwalk, and the jetty pond.  A sharp increase in
shorebirds compared to last Sunday.  Southbound birds were arriving or
flying south all morning, with Short-billed Dowitcher the most numerous
species. The overcast sky kept the heat down so it was a pleasant day
birding and swaping stories of our most recent finds for the coast and
mountains. We did good with about 55 species in 4 hours.

Brown Pelican-4
Double-crested Cormorant-3
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-4
Snowy Egret-10
Little Blue Heron-8
Tricolored Heron-3
REDDISH EGRET-1 immature same bird seen at both the causeway and jetty pond
Green Heron-2
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-1 adult
White Ibis-40
Glossy Ibis-7
Turkey Vulture-1
Osprey-2
N. Bobwhite-1 heard only
Clapper Rail-2 heard only
Common Moorhen-2
Black-bellied Plover-7
Wilson's Plover-4
Semipalmated Plover-10
Piping Plover-1
Greater Yellowlegs-5
Willet-12
Spotted Sandpiper-1
Whimbrel-1
Sanderling-25
Western Sandpiper-25 most of these returning adults had lost the rufous on
the cap and cheek but still had some on the scapulars and also showed the
flecking along the flanks.
Least Sandpiper-1
Pectoral Sandpiper-1
Short-billed Dowitcher-450