Egret

Today while fishing on the French Broad River at a river park on the
Buncombe-Henderson County line, I heard a great commotion, and watched an
airboat go up the river. What was curious was the Great Egret flying just
in front of it, as though in the lead. It didn't seem particularly
agitated, just flying along just in front. I would suspect it was a post
breeding dispersal bird, as I have never heard of Egrets breeding here.
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist (danetherton@juno.com)
Asheville, NC
http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com
Featuring forums, lists, and classes in the field.