Brown Pelican back at Falls Lake!

C-birders,

Our secratary told me she saw a brown pelican on the posts at our park
office dock on 7/26.  Could it be the same bird that blew in after fran, and
has returned each year?  Am going out to look for him now, cheek road bridge
and boat ramp posts were his favorint haunts.  The lake level is very high,
the spotted sandpiper I saw on a flooded up log this morning is evidence
that the shorebirds passing through are missing their shallow water flats.

Brian Bockhahn
Falls Lake State Park Ranger
Falls Lake CBC Compiler
13304 Creedmoor Road