Belted Kingfishers at Duke Gardens

There may be a family of belted kingfishers residing at Duke Gardens.  I saw
an adult male and adult female, plus a probable third bird, on Saturday
afternoon.  They were in the area of the overflow pond for the main duck
pond.  The female let me watch her for some time.

Also, a great blue heron has been hanging about the duck pond lately.  He
lets people get within a five or six feet of him and is great fun to watch,
particularly when he spears a fish.  There has been a green heron hanging
about as well.

Amalie Lewis Tuffin
Daniels & Daniels, P.A.
P.O. Drawer 12218