Sourwood source

Sourwood (Oxydendron arboreum) can be purchased from We-Du Nurseries, Route
5 Box 724, Marion, NC 28752-9338.  The phone number there is (828) 738-8300,
the fax is (828) 738-8131.  E-mail: wedu@wnclink.com  Web: www.we-du.com
Catalogs are available on request and cost $2.00.  This nursery is an
excellent source of native materials of all sorts and the catalog is a great
reference.  While certain native tree and shrub species are available from
other sources, for woody perennials, size is often an issue.  We-Du provides
plants that are managably sized - easier to plant, less likely to die from
transplant shock.  For instance, sourwood, which matures to 40', is sold at
heights of 18-24", for only $12.50!  That's $1.25 per item on Ginger's list
of reasons to grow it - not bad for a tree with such character!

Sharon Funderburk
Castalia, NC 27816
srfdbacca@mindspring.com