Pea Island Migrants

The recent north and northwest winds blew in a few migrant songbirds at Pea
Island. This morning there were a few redstarts, yellow warblers, prairies,
and prothonotaries. Also, one northern waterthrush, one black-and-white
warbler, one bobolink, and one baltimore oriole. Of course, there are
eastern kingbirds and purple martins and tree swallows as well.
	Also have been having fun out on the salt flats recently. No rarities but
plenty of shorebirds and terns. Did have three early northern shovelers on
saturday. Have not seen the spoonbill lately, nor heard any reports of such.
	Oh, I almost forgot. I had a blue-winged warbler on sunday and a chat this
morning.
	Good birding!
Jeff Lewis, Manteo