Chatham Co. NAMC - Sept. 16

If you enjoy identifying confusing fall warblers, come join us for the 5th
annual Chatham County (NC) fall migration count on  Saturday 16 September
2000.  There are lots of great birding spots around Jordan Lake -- let me
know what your favorite area is and I'll assign that to you, if it's still
available.  Other parts of Chatham County are virtually unexplored for
birding -- if you're the adventurous sort, you can try to find a new birding
hotspot.

Some of us had great luck finding migrants on the count last year -- for
example, see these reports:
http://metalab.unc.edu/~pardo/birds/archive/archive2/msg00218.html
http://metalab.unc.edu/~pardo/birds/archive/archive2/msg00222.html
Full count results are on the Chapel Hill Bird Club web site:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/

Please e-mail or call me to sign up.  There's no plan for a countdown, but
if you'd like to have one, let me know.

The North American Migration Count is always on the second Saturday of May
and the third Saturday of September.  For the basics of the count, see the
Georgia Ornithological Society's web site: http://www.gos.org/namc.html .

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu