From: TThalman@aol.com [mailto:TThalman@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 4:42 PM
Subject: rare birds and hurricanes

I'm not sure if this is the correct email to write to but I'm hoping you
can publish a small request for me on your listserv. I'm a documentary
producer in Washington DC and am developing ideas for a film about the
impact that hurricanes have on wildlife, especially birds. As you know,
many birds get carried way off course in the eye of storms and this can
provide some rare and exciting opportunities for birders on the east
coast. I am seeking as much information as possible on this phenomenon,
in particular good locations to film (though naturally that depends on
the track of the storm) and contacts of bird watchers who actively pursue
hurricanes.

Please direct any information to:

Tria Thalman
22 8th St. SE