Another AOU checklist change

I've finally gotten around to a careful reading of the 42nd Supplement
to the AOU checklist, and I notice that there is another
Carolina-related change that I think has not been mentioned in the
previously posted comments on the changes.  Swinhoe's Storm-Petrel has
been added to the Appendix ("Species reported from the A.O.U. Check-list
Area with insufficient evidence for placement on the main list").  The
commentary is:

"This species, which breeds in the North Pacific and ranges in the
Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, was reported in the eastern North Atlantic
Ocean, southeast of Hatteras, North Carolina, 8 August 1998
(photographs; O'Brien et al. 1999) and perhaps on previous occasions
(Brinkley 1995).  It has been reported occasionally (since 1983) in the
eastern North Atlantic (Cubitt 1995).  This species is not well known,
and identification from photographs is considered tenuous."

Kent Fiala
Raleigh NC