article in birding

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Just received the August issue of Birding.  It contains Part III Catharus
Thrush ID  by Lane and Jaramillo on identifying Gray-cheeked and Bicknell's
Thrushes.  An interesting article.  The bottom line seems to be that other
than on a singing bird (and how many singing Bicknell's and Gray cheeked do
we get during migration here in the Carolina's}or an extreme Gray-cheeked
"Alicea" (Alice's Thrush?),seperating Bicknell's from Gray-cheeked in the
field is virtually impossible. However, I'll bet some folks  with wide
experience with the two subspecies of Gray-cheeked and Bicknell's might be
able to do so.  I wish I were one of them.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC