More Hickory Migrants

We decided to go to Glenn Hilton park in Hickory this morning to see if the
storms brought any migrants; and they did!  We had 9 species of warblers
including Chestnut-sided, Tennessee, Northern Parula, Blackburnian,
Ovenbird, American Redstart, Yellow, Worm-eating, and a somewhat early
Blackpoll Warbler.  The Blackpoll gave us great looks for seeing leg color
and other id markings.  Other migrants seen were Red-eyed and
Yellow-throated Vireos, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Eastern Wood Pewee, MANY
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and a Baltimore Oriole.  It was a great morning!

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net