Spotted Redshank at Pea Island

C'Birders:

Just had a surprise phone call from the person who saw the Spotted
Redshank at Pea Island.  The birder was looking for some other lifers
and thought I could help since I was near to Supply, also in Brunswick
Co., where the birder was at.  Carolyn Bush, who was contacted first,
gave my name to the birder.

Anyway, I asked said person to send a rare bird report to Ricky Davis.
The birder seemed positive that was what was seen and said he would do
it, has his name and address from the ABA membership directory.  I
understand the birder was looking south from the observation tower at
the end of south dyke of North Pond.  He called it New Field but isn't
that north of North Pond?

This person is working on a Spotted Owl project in Sequoia Nat. Park and
lives in Salinas, Calif.  Went on Brian Patteson's last pelagic trip,
and then birded his way south.

I have name, home address and phone of the birder who is leaving for
Calif. tomorrow.

Jeff Lewis , have you had any luck seeing it??????

Good chasing,
Mary McDavit, Sunset Beach NC
osprey@nccoast.net