Another mixed flock, Durham

I checked out the Shepherd Nature Trail in Duke Forest at lunch today
(9/6/00) and caught my first decent mixed flock of the season, including:

1 E. Wood-Pewee
1 White-eyed Vireo
5 Red-eyed Vireo
1 Chestnut-sided Warbler
4 Magnolia Warbler
3 Black-throated Blue Warbler
2 Prairie Warbler (one missing its tail!)
4 American Redstart
1 Kentucky Warbler
1 Hooded Warbler
1 Summer Tanager

mixed with the usual chickadees, titmice, cardinals, wrens, Downy
Woodpeckers, and Pine Warblers.  Most of the warblers were in female or
immature plumage (a notable exception was the Hooded!)

See http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/tbg/dukeforestjp.html for directions to this
area.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu