Sunday sightings

Sunday morning (9/17) brought new sightings to my yard in Piedmont, NC.
A beautiful "first fall male" American Redstart showed off his brilliant
colors, also
had the orangeish  coloration on the sides of his chest rather than yellow.
Others were a Hairy Woodpecker, Magnolia Warbler, a flycatcher (whom I could
not id type), and heard a nuthatch but could not see him through all the
leaves.  Still have foodbegging goldfinches, and the RT hummingbirds are
hanging around.  Several other warblers flitted around but too fast to ID.

C.R. Dickerson
Peachrtha@aol.com
Statesville, NC