Regarding the potential for a good flight of migrant landbirds this week

Regarding the potential for a good flight of migrant landbirds this week on
the Carolina coast:

Maybe there isn't one after all!

Unfortunately, winds in the wake of the storm are southwest and are
forecasted to remain southwest for a couple of days, with no westerly or
northwesterly winds as might have occurred.  So the potential for a flight
is not good after all.  Nevertheless anyone who lives on the coast should
still be alert to the possibility.

Further, the 2-5 day wind forecast predicts that when the wind does finally
shift, it will be to the NE and E (don't know if this is because of
predicted front or another tropical system).  Disappointing.

It was very tropical here yesterday afternoon, with moderate southeasterly
winds, tropical downpours, and a couple of waterspouts in the area.
However, during the few minutes that I watched the skies, I didn't see any
frigatebirds.

                                             John Fussell
                                             Morehead City, NC
                                              jfuss@bmd.clis.com