Landsford Canal Venture

Carolinabirders:
Despite Tropical Storm Gordon sending clouds and rain our way, Our day trip
to Landsford Canal near Rock hill, SC was very pleasant. There were a few
migrant warblers passing through, but not the numbers or variety we had
hoped for. The highlights follow:
Scarlet Tanager 5+
Warblers: Black-throated Blue, Parula, American Redstart, Yellow-throated,
Pine & Black-&-White
Osprey, Red-shouldered Hawk, Sharp-shinned Hawk, but the most impressive
sighting must have been the adult Bald Eagle that went sailing down the
river scattering egrets and herons before roosting in a nearby tree. Always
impressive.

Our next local Ventures are as follows:
Warbler and Migration Workshop in Jackson Park on September 27
Caesar's Head Hawkwatch on October 7
Chesapeake Bay, Virginia from December 7-10
Please contact the Ventures office for further information or check out the
web site listed below.
See you at CBC in a week or so.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures, Inc. Birding & Natural History Tours
PO Box 1095, Skyland, NC 28776
Phone/Fax: 828.859.0382 (828.253.IBIS (4249) after 1 October 2000)
Travel@birdventures.com
http://www.birdventures.com